Welcome, Anthony! BMR is one of my FAVE Joni songs ever, and hopefully in our
time will become the jazz standard it deserves to be. It's been covered 3
times in the past year...

The "boom boom pachyderm" line has been a controversial one around here
forever. Some give it a sexual connotation, which I had always associated
with it as well. Pachyderm meaning elephant, and referring to his member as
being like an elephant's trunk.

Others have stated that it's a musical term used in drumming, and that she's
simply saying that the guy is a musician and has the ladies hanging around
him as musicians tend to have.

I'm sure there are other angles as well...

Bob

NP: Joni, "Court & Spark"