Bob wrote:

> The vote comes up again in 2004 - how much can get done in two years?
> Not a lot. And then what will happen? People will vote for change
> again, and there ya' go.

Kakki responded:

> I think it's about more than the economy but generally agree with the
> rest of what you say.  That's why I think people on the losing side
> shouldn't get so worked up about it.

I can speak only for myself, but the reason *I* am so worked up about
the election results is because now there will be little to stop the
kings-to-be from starting the REAL "mother of all battles," the one
that could truly be the beginning of the end.  I don't like sounding so
fatalistic, but I've believed since childhood that I would be alive to
see The End, and now it feels very close indeed.

Secondly, as has already been pointed out, the Administration can now
pack the U.S. Supreme Court with conservatives to its heartless
content.  So even if we don't blow ourselves up, what frightening
changes lie ahead?

For me, it's not about the economy (which has always bounced back
eventually), and -- foolishly or not -- I've never been too afraid of
terrorists, other than the ones that have been recently voted into
office.  However, THEY scare the hell out of me.

Lori

~