c) Think that they're "traumatizing" the animal by denying it sexual >pleasure, not realizing that animals don't behave like people and are >triggered only by biology.

We always adopt from the SCPA and they automatically spay/neuter.

Bob

Bob, as a veterinarian, I must differ. All mammals have almost identical neural pathways. The brain(central), parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous system works in an identical manner. Sexual stimulation is not only triggered by the need to reproduce, It feels good to them as well as you(or us). This is why you see "solo" sexual activity in higher mammalian forms just as this practice is common in humans. I think the common word for it starts with an "M".
Still, I agree that all pets should be altered, as should a large portion of our human population. Anybody on welfare who doesn't know how to put on a condom or has gotten pregnant more than once is a good candidate. As far as abortion goes, you can make the mistake of getting pregnant once and get it aborted (if you must). Make the mistake twice and that person needs to get SNIPPED.

Workingwilly(don't let the name fool ya, I'm on the repro-unemployment line for the moment-Hee, Hee )