Of course I would also love a Joni solo record...and what's more, so would
the biz and so would the general public! When I think back to the hype given
to "comebacks" like Bonnie Raitt, Carlos Santana, Eric Clapton, etc, I think
our Joni would be given much the same treatment, unless there's too much
resentment over all the nastiness she's been spilling lately.

Really & truly, if she DOES quit she's admitting that the industry is right -
that there's no vitality or marketability in women of her age & stage...how
much sweeter to come back with something kickass and prove them totally
WRONG. Joni, call Ani stat!

Nebraska remains one of my favorite Springsteen records...and it CERTAINLY
wasn't because he gave the biz what it wanted.

Have a great weekend all - I'm bound for the SC coast.

Bob

NP: Patti Witten, "Walk A Mile"