Here I go again, writing about HELP ME. (I had
used the "H" word as the "subject" and so those
posts got bounced.)

Anyone out there as big a fan of HM as I am?
Delightfully perverse as she is, Joni has sort
of "disowned" her only Top 10 hit, claiming it's
an "ingenue" song.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of our Joan,
I don't think it IS that. The woman of HP has
been around the block a few times; and I'd love
to hear the mature Joni tackle it (shades of "Falling
in love again / Never wanted to...").

I think it's a brilliant song: short, pithy,
economical, universal, lighter than air.
And "'Cause I've seen some hot hot blazes /
Come down to smoke and ash" gets me
every time.

If she ever does do an album with her
excellent jazz combo (pretty please,