The ad implies that Joni signed it for the purpose of
raising funds for a charity or political movement.  I
don't think it's a charity though because a.) they
don't offer their non-profit # and b.) what kind of
charity runs auctions on ebay?

I smell a rat.  If someone would cough up the
$5,000.00 "buy-it-now" price, it would be a _purchase_
not a tax-deductible donation to a charity, right
guys?  Kakki?  I think it's a political group with
some unorthodox fund-raising techniques.

He has 122 items up on ebay right now and only a total
of 12 transactions behind him.

'roland' says the poster "has been sitting around her
Los Angeles home ever since then and does show some
normal wear (although no tears)."  Am I to believe
that a.) Joni has proofs at her house and b.) she
stores them recklessly?  The woman who frames her
paintings before she photographs them doesn't store
her _proofs_ correctly?!  My poster from "voices"
doesn't have any flaws at all.  What's "normal wear"
for a sheet of paper stored in a cool, dry, dark
environment?  What say ye, librarians?

Best of all, this political group has a freakin'
reserve "price" on the donation they're willing to
accept in exchange for a token of the donation!  The
present bid, $405, has not satisfied the reserve
price.  Ahh!  So, they're prepared to turn down a $405
donation to their movement!  Interesting.....

Sign me "Cynical in Cincinnati",
Lama
http://mailplus.yahoo.com