> I am not Wally but i have my own idea of what he meant. he will correct
> me if I am > It would seem that karen was not able to be herself. she was
controlled
> by her parents and her brother-who prostituted her gift for his own ends
> rather than leaving her to devleop herself as a person and an artist.
> Her voice was wonderful, her life too short.

Well, how beautifiul.  How astonishing it really is, to realise that Richard
Carpenter was actually a disgusting pervert who liked to have anal
intercourse with his own sister!!  That is the be-all and end-all of what
you're saying, isn't it?  Or could it be that you're so swayed by the force
of urban myth that you reckon that Richard Carpenter spent most of 1982 with
his penis inserted deep into his sister's amaciated anus?  Or are you
(perish the thought!) so brain-dead through years of National Enquirer-lead
bullshit that you cannot sort the vomitously disgusting idea that (a) Karen
Carpenter had one of the most painfully introspective voices in contemporary
music *without* resorting to either (a) the idea that she had fellatio with
close blood relatives or (b) she just happened to rely on him so much that
when then the crunch came, his bid for independence was more than she could
bear?  Don't want to spoil the party, or anything!!!  God Bless!

Adam