--- Kate Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> not sleeping is not q good thing because it makes
> everything harder to cope
> with...though i did not do so, looking back at some
> times i was going
> through extreme stress i do think it might have been
> helpful to have had
> some kind of sleep aid...having a good nights sleep
> does wonders for being
> able to cope with painful emotions...without sleep
> the emotions can be too
> overwhelming...

Sometimes if I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping, I
can calm myself down a bit by reminding myself that,
if I don't sleep tonight, then I'll probably sleep
really well tomorrow. It doesn't always work, but
often it does. However if you're constantly going
without sleep, you might need something to help you
(although I think it's mostly better not to take drugs
to help you sleep.)

=====
Catherine
Toronto