When I was seeing a therapist a couple of years ago, she told me that as a
rule of thumb, for "each" year someone was a part of your life, it takes the
same number of months for the grieving process. i.e. If you and your spouse
or partner were together for 24 years, you could expect to be grieving for 24
months.  This is not to say that 2 years later you would still be crying your
eyes out constantly.  It means that 2 years from now, you could see something
that reminded you of that person and it would be perfectly natural for you to
start crying.

It made sense to me, but it was her rule of thumb, not mine. Like you said
Mags, grief is a personal journey.

Jimmy
np Puddle of Mudd "Blurry"