Hi Arlene,

Welcome Arlene!  Glad you are here!  Sorry to welcome you on this particular post,
which is kind
of sad.

I completely agree with your assessment of this therapist.  Had I adhered to this, I
would have
grieved a whopping 6 months over the loss of my lover.  It probably took me a little
too long but
at least I am still here and whole again.

Mags said grief is a personal journey and that it is.  There are stages and everyone
deals with
each differently.  While there was some major trauma involved with my loss as well, I
can not even
imagine having to walk in your shoes, Arlene.   And this I would imagine be more than
clear to a
professional therapist.  While there are some who wallow and exploit their pain, it is
insensitive
to rush to judgements and caution would be the better choice.  My curiosity here would
be not the
therapists timeline but her guidelines and support through those stages.  Time is a
healer to be
sure ... and some of us run behind the times ... and others are right on time ... and
still others
are ahead of the times.   My advice is just be sure to deal with each stage, and
recognize each
step forward - advancement. Know and except, that you will never be the same and that
can be a
good thing. To every thing turn turn ....

Take care ...

Peace,
Susan

NP: Joni/Turbulent Indigo/Borderline