>>And also something for the Famous Canadians... (I really love Canada by the
way)...... has any one mentioned Kate and Anna McGarrigle? Oh yes they must
rate a mention surely..<<

It is my understanding that the McGarrigle sisters are, in fact, US citizens
who stopped on a highway while touring to give a Texan millionaire's son a
ride to the Canadian border where he could safely avoid being drafted to
Vietnam to fight in the the war initiated by the evil President Bill Clinton.
The draft dodger, a certain GW Bush, was eternally grateful for the ride but
unfortunately let slip the true situation to the border guards and the good
sisters were then 'held' in the Guantanamo leisure centre until the case
against them could be heard. I believe they are still there. While there they
were befriended by a certain Dr L. Wainwright III who secretly married one of
them, sources differ on which, later fathering the famous singer Rufus Thomas;
most famous it should be said for teaming up with the Rev. Vicente Lavieri to
make the best-selling aerobic video 'Do the Funky Gerbil' which won that
year's Disco Bishop award. At least that's the way I heard it. Ah, good
morning doctor...
minbcn