Mashed potatoes have to be piled into a mound with a huge dob of butter in
it which is then concealed to "erupt" into the beans....... I DID say these
were childhood things and carbs on a cold day are soooooo comforting..
Lucy..I absolutely love your posts! SO fun! Smiling while reading..this IS a good thing!

You buy "oats" these are not the oats you give to horses but sort of white
crushed things (like you use in Flapjacks? or is that another thing you
don't know about.....or are flapjacks something else in the US and
Canada...same language different perspective..ANY WAY Flapjacks here
are..... oats, butter, golden syrup all mixed together and then smeared into
a pan and baked.... YUMMMMMYYYYY)
Flapjacks are pancakes here.  Have you been to the states?

Bree

That ends the culinary bulleitein from OLD (real)Hampshire  in OLD
(real)England from Lucy (who has resisted the application of Stepford Wives
apron despite her the domestic tone of her day!!!)