LUCY HONE     wrote:
<Things I will not eat are... BRAINS, TRIPE, COD ROE (but will eat caviar)
JELLIED EELS, BLOOD SAUSAGE....CUSTARD......and will only eat liver if I
cook it myself....

Hi everybody,  I am new to the JMDL and have been reading the posts with great
interest for a couple of weeks.

 The above talk of food is what sparked my first (and hopefully not last)
input into the list, probably because I'm starving, it's eight in the evening
here in Madrid (I am Scottish, though), I have had a hard day and it's about
time I got some grub down me.

I certainly agree that BRAINS is a no-no, plus jellied eels (repulsive) but if
you haven't tried Spanish blood sausage, then you haven't lived (it's called
"morcilla" here). They often soak rice in the blood before they cook it and
the best place to get it is in Burgos. It's closer to the haggis (which I
adore) than your normal blood sausage. Morcilla is popular in your zillions of
Madrid tapas bars (probably the capital city with the most bars in the whole
world, which may be the real reason I live here.) Another popular tapa (but
not with me), is PIGS' EARS. Deep fried hairy ears. I wouldn't recommend them,
as they are very fatty, chewy and grisly and still have their little hairs
sticking out all over the place.
For my dinner, I'm going to be very boring and healthy and eat oven baked
veggies with goat's cheese and and brown rice. All this talk of hairy ears has
put me off too much protein for tonight.

As for Joni, got into her in the early 70's and and have never gotten out of
her. She's a goddess.

all the best everyone

gill (in Madrid)

NP  BECH "Devil's Haircut"