Colin, I've been reading about the chaos in England. Why does this happen when there's snow over there? Nothing changes when it snows here, and we have very heavy snow six months of the year. I wonder if it's because England's snow is mushier because it doesn't get so cold, and when it thaws and then freezes again, which it must do all the time as you're hovering around zero, it gets very slippery? Here the temperatures are so low it never gets a chance to thaw, so the snow tends not to be slippery - except today is actually zero, and people are out celebrating in shorts. :-)

Bizzy Lizzy with her magic daisy was also my favourite, and Andy Pandy and Teddy (I fancied Andy Pandy -- how can that be? but I remember the feeling very well), and I also loved Bill and Ben. Do you remember the one with the low voice, I think Ben, was always muttering something, but you couldn't understand what it was? Well, during the war in Bosnia, I finally realized that all those years ago, Ben was actually saying: "Slobodan Milosevic" :-)

Here's the Telegraph article on junk food.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=%2Fnews%2F2003%2F01%2F30%2Fwfood30.xml

Sarah