Catherine McKay wrote:

The Church of St. John Coltrane? The link didn't work
for me either - note the line: "Largely because of its
unusual name, this AOC parish in San Francisco has
attracted much publicity." That would certainly get me
going to church!

They had a large attendance at one time with some serious musicians playing the liturgy - wonder if their site is down, or if they ran into rough times -

this was not a name thing, they really believed that Coltrane was a messenger of God whose music was obviously a gift of God and had some wonderfully written things on their site explaining why they felt Coltrane was a Saint - not sure that I agreed with them, but it was well argued and well reasoned and as valid or more than so much one sees.

Vince