hey kerry:

i've only seen 'vicar' a few times.  my lister friend heather and her
husband fred are really into britcoms, and once when i visited them, fred
had taped several hours on bbc america while we heard the remarkable dianne
reeves on the new haven green.  then we went home and watched, and the
'vicar' episode in particular was brilliant.

the best experience i ever had watching a britcom was when i convinced my
dad and stepmom to watch an episode of 'keeping up appearances'.  they loved
the pretensions of hyacinth bucket (that's pronounced 'bouquet').  i don't
have a lot of shared pleasures with my dad, so that was fun.

patrick

np - his name is alive - stars on e.s.p.