Fred --

I too saw Bush, with his glib tone, smirking at those who voiced their wish
for peace. Had he attempted to make an argument that the coming war will
eventually bring a greater peace and stability to the region, i would have
respected him. But his condescending dismissal was sickening.

I had, until today, given him the benefit of the doubt (grudgingly, but with
a glimmer of hope). But it's now clear to me that Mandella, Byrd, and others
who have harshly criticized both his intellect and his arrogance are
correct. Even if war IS the right thing, Bush should at best be leading a
fraternity, not a nation.

Best,

David