I was nodding in agreement until:

"what can you say about an institution that constantly rewards that
idiot no talent eminem?(yes i KNOW i'm an old fart but C'MON!)i swear
they gave it to him out of FEAR."

I am a year older than you - and Em has been screwed by the Grammys
twice over on album of the year.

Sorry that you don't like Eminem, but if we all liked the same thing I
couldn't get concert tickets.

But when I hear music dissed, I remember two things:

weren't we the generation that sang, "hope I die before I get old..."

and even more didn't think the truest statement ever made about our
music was:

"Come mothers and fathers all over this land
And don't criticize what you can't understand
Your sons and your daughter are beyond your command
Your old role is rapidly aging
Please get out of the new one if you can't lend a hand
For the times they are a changing"

Be careful becoming what we were against when it was our music being called not music
at all,
just noise, just stuff that made no sense, not as good as music was in our day, they
don't write them like
they did when we were kids, now that was music ya da ya da ya da ya da drone on and
on...

Like it or not, rap is the music of the generation that we aren't any more.

at least the grammys gave one to Joni for TI.. and they are a joke for
the most part -