Gary wrote:

> The volume of political posts make me weary....and sad sometimes.  I
> guess I must admit I come here to escape some of the sad realities of
> war and life that I am bombarded with constantly

Certainly over the years I have been one of the big contributors to the
political posts on this list, and while I remain passionate about free
speech, I feel just as passionate that this list remain a safe and
welcoming place for everyone.  It saddens me that so many of our long-
time members have chosen to go "Joni-only" because of the overwhelming
number of political/war posts.

With this concern, and with the hope that those same folks will come
back to the "whole" list, I am hereby withdrawing from further
political discussions on the Joni Mitchell Discussion List.  There are
other places for us to discuss politics to our hearts content, one of
them being http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jmdlpc/, which Les
thoughtfully set up for us back in October.  (And you know there may be
more!)

Anyone care to join me?

Lori