In a message dated 2/23/03 11:50:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> What can be done?  I am really interested in a frank, civilized discussion
> on the state of the list.  Along with a list of grievances, I'd also
> appreciate some real suggestions on how to actively improve the JMDL.

I suggested it before........ a forum board (instead of live email via smoe)
accessed only on the JMDL. You can choose to register or just be a guest.
This way there can be no bitching about all the boring emails you're getting
and having to delete. We can have one discussion forum for political
discussions (which is where you must post them), one main discussion board
for Joni only or non-related. On the main discussion forum, based on the
subject matter of the post, you can pick & choose the ones you want to read.
This seems to work well on another list I'm registered with.

~rosie in nj

Better ask questions before you shoot
Deceit and betrayal's bitter fruit
It's hard to swallow, come time to pay.
That taste on your tongue don't easily slip away

Let Kingdom come. I'm gonna find my way
Through this lonesome day