Hi David,

> You have mentioned these ideals before as "conservative," but they seem to
> me to be libertarian.

You are correct.  I think many libertarians consider themselves the original
conservative/old liberals.

>I believe that both the Republican Liberty Caucus and
> the Democratic Freedom Caucus embrace these ideals. Seems to me a "live
and
> let live" administration would not have spent taxpayer money to
agressively
> prosecute a state-sanctioned medical marijuana grower, for example.

I would assume they were only following existing laws.  Every conservative I
have ever known, including one parent, believes in the decriminalization of
drugs and certainly hands-offs from the medical marijuana growers.

Kakki