In a message dated 3/25/2003 9:29:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> fred thanks for posting those potent lyrics to 'masters of war'
>
> i know how you feel having a young son fred

Daughter, actually. She's the dearest thing in our life, and in that sense she makes
this all a little easier to deal with; she's something overwhelmingly bright and real
in an increasingly dark and surreal world.

But I fear terribly for her future, not so much as potential cannon fodder (although
that's always a concern) but just that I think we're in for a long, long apocalyptic
stretch. Forget about piddling regime change, I'm talking about the fall of an empire
... ours. I don't think I'm being overly dramatic; it happens to all empires and it's
the height of hubris to think it can't happen to ours.

-Fred