From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 7:16 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: (anti)War songs njc

In a message dated 3/25/2003 9:29:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> fred thanks for posting those potent lyrics to 'masters of war'
>
> i know how you feel having a young son fred

Daughter, actually. She's the dearest thing in our life, and in that
sense she makes this all a little easier to deal with; she's something
overwhelmingly bright and real in an increasingly dark and surreal
world.

But I fear terribly for her future, not so much as potential cannon
fodder (although that's always a concern) but just that I think we're in
for a long, long apocalyptic stretch. Forget about piddling regime
change, I'm talking about the fall of an empire ... ours. I don't think
I'm being overly dramatic; it happens to all empires and it's the height
of hubris to think it can't happen to ours.

-Fred