Gillian wrote:

<< Who is Kakki  to gauge how much someone else should enjoy another artist's work
and/or how loudly they should clap? >>

To which Kakki replied

<< What's ironic is that I thought I'd conveyed my extremely mixed emotions over the
whole situation and did state I didn't know what people should have done regarding
their applause. >>

To which I can only add "hear hear!"  You DID convey your ambivalence and seemed to me
to go out of your way to stress that you *weren't* decreeing what people should have
done.

As I'm sure you're aware Kakki, I disagree with you pretty comprehensively about most
things political.  Despite, or maybe because of that, I want to say that I totally
support you on this issue, in the light of this unseemly sniping, although I'm not
sure two people counts as "Kakki bashing" (and I know it wasn't you who used that
phrase)- I'm glad to see that several people share this point of view.  I also agree
with you that Ric owes you an apology.

Azeem