Here's a funny story ... (do you know some people call me "Lori with a
Story?") ...

About 4 years ago when I was still living in San Antonio, a friend of
mine who works around L.A. and gets invited to various celeb parties
called me on the phone, a bit inebriated (well okay, she was totally
fecked up).  She said she was at a party at Melissa Manchester's HOUSE,
and wondered if I knew who Melissa is?  Well!  I explained to my friend
that not only do I know who she is, but I used to own every album (up
through Don't Cry Out Loud, anyway - I'd discovered Joni by the time
that one was released).  AND I loved Melissa so much in high school
that I permed my hair so it would look like hers!

That was all it took for my friend to say, "Oh my god, you're a
weirdo!  I was going to let you TALK to Melissa, but now -- no way!"

Oh well.  I never knew if that particular friend was ever telling the
truth about ANYTHING, so nothing lost.  I guess.  Maybe.

: (

Lori