2012/2/15 Dirk Stöcker <openstreet...@dstoecker.de>:
> What you want is the reverse and this means keeping old behaviour for
> everybody instead of moving into the future.

what is the benefit of "moving into the future" by changing shortcuts?
This is fighting against peoples habits and ergo also bad for
usability (of the experienced users, for new users this is not an
issue, I agree). "Keeping old behaviour" should be the standard for
interface issues, if there is not very good reason to do so. Sorry for
this rant, then from someone beeing not even a code contributor, but I
really suffered hard from the recent change of shortcut "w" (before
buildings plugin, I use this VERY often, now "refine way", which I
never use).

Anyway, I am happy to read that there will be a list for shortcuts
now, so that developers can choose new shortcuts without accidentially
redefining existent ones.

cheers,
Martin