W dniu 22.06.2015 17:30, Dirk Stöcker napisał(a):
On Mon, 22 Jun 2015, Daniel Koć wrote:

And I'm still curious why JOSM developers didn't like the idea and if there's a possibility to reconsider it?

There are many reasons, small and larger ones, but most of them result
in the fact that no editor development team wants to give up their own
infrastructure in favor of something else. We already had these

Pity. ={ While I understand everybody wants her/his own way of doing things, having a universal common "source" and maybe just transforming it to local "destination" formats could be a way to go. We have so much presets in JOSM today (and I speak of just the core ones), that when I want to translate them, I need a few minutes each time to determine if there's anything new - let alone to check all the options inside the presets - so managing it gonna be more and more problematic.

But also remember that the editors have different targets, so even if
all above could be solved, the data probably never can match fully.

I'm aware of it, but nobody said they have to use the full set - just like nobody is using/rendering all the tags on Wiki, but it's still very useful as a common source for picking what you like. The more resources can be shared, the less effort spent on duplicating them.

On the positive side - the problem is at least visible, so it's more probable it will be resolved one day.

--
"The train is always on time / The trick is to be ready to put your bags down" [A. Cohen]