too.
I remember when we used to have prayer groups during my undergrad years in SME
(Kottayam) and sometimes when someone did not agree with someone else's point of view
or behaviour, especially when it was from the so called "leaders" I was tempted to
stop coming for all those prayer meetings. I don't remember who it was but someone
told gave me a lovely piece of advice. "Don't let the focus of your prayer group be on
anyone else but the 'real leader' Jesus Christ".
Diversity will always be present in any group of people because we are all individuals
and we all have our own beautiful way of thinking and reasoning. However when we
concentrate on ourselves and our thoughts, when pride takes over, or when we become so
narrow minded that we think only we are right, our original focus shifts to a new one.
the new focus could be anything related to the group, it  could be another individual,
it could be one's own glorification, anything, but that is immaterial. what is
important is that we realise what the point of our group meeting was in the first
place and readjust our vision and our energies to our original focus point.
with love in Jesus
sheril daniel :)
grahamstown, south africa
anitha dsouza wrote:My dear friends,

Just want to share with you a story for reflection.
It would be nice if we could read the story carefully
, think, pray and reflect about it and share our
inspirations with our beautiful group…..which I am
sure will help many of the prayer groups all round.
So please do share your thoughts after you have gone
through this,

Once, there were two angels, the good one named
Gabriel and the one who had stood against God whose
name was Lucifer; both of them went on to tour the
whole world.
As they came across a small village, both of them
happened to glance at a poor villager, ploughing his
fields, singing joyfully the spiritual hymns that he
had often heard in the church.

They both knew that, he was a simple and a humble man,
who was pure in heart and did no harm to anybody.
Gabriel was indeed pleased to see him, so joyfully
absorbed in his work and decided to reward him more,
so that he would be an effective instruement of
Christ.
As the farmer went on ploughing, Gabriel threw down a
little ‘ grace of evangelization’ towards his path.
The farmer suddenly caught hold of the grace, gave
thanks to the Lord , left his plough in the fields and
ran into the village, with His new found mission to
evangelize.

Gabriel, being very pleased with the farmers response,
challenged Lucifer, ‘See, how eager the Lords people
are, to carry out their missions on earth. This
person is going to be a great evangelizer and is going
to draw more and more crowds towards the kingdom of
heaven.’

At this challenge, Lucifer laughed out loudly, and
threw back another challenge at Gabriel.
‘You say, this person is going to draw vast crowds
towards the kingdom of heaven;
You know what I will do? I will wait, till he goes to
his village and starts telling everybody of his new
found grace. And then, more and more people will be
attracted towards him; and his teaching; he will make
fellow believers and finally He will form a large
group of people, who will gather every now and then
for their fellowship gatherings, there will be praise
and worship and singing of hymns in those
gatherings……..’

Gabriel was indeed pleased when he heard all of this
from Lucifer, He started imagining the great group
which will focus on worshipping the Lord and telling
others about their faith.

It was then, that Lucifer continued his talk,
‘And when the group is all set and ready and well
functioning,
I will put my seeds of jealousy, greed for power,
hatred and misunderstandings in that group, and start
of with simple diversity of ideas which will later
form into major arguments and finally when the group
is disrupted, I will bring all those large crowds of
people towards me.
Thus, with your single seed of grace, I will make vast
number of followers for myself.’

Gabriel was angry and furious on hearing this and said
sternly ‘THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN.’ And they parted
their ways, each waiting eagerly to see what the
outcome was going to be………

My dear friends, this was only a story, but does it in
some ways reflect truth in our fellowship
gatherings…….
It was a challenge between good and evil…….
We too, may be members of various prayer groups, cell
groups…..and the like…..
Diversity of ideas can come in our groups too…..
When such situations arise, whom shall we allow to win
the challenge….? The good or the evil????? When we
see certain things which affect the harmony of the
groups taking place withen our groups, what are the
steps that we can take to prevent the devil from
having his victory……?????
love in christ,
anita,
kuwait