Dear friends,

Reading the mail sent by Jason, brought back a few
memories of the time when i was in mangalore, studying
for nursing, while staying in a hostel.

We had a wonderful cell group, where we used to gather
everyday for some personal sharings, but mainly for
intercessory prayer.  Each time we knew, someone was
in need, or any of their family members was in need,
we used to sit before the Lord, pleading for his
intervention.  We had made a daily habit of this and
thought nohing much about it; but one thing was
certain, whether there was a test or a exam or any
other difficulty we never failed to gather and
interceed.
This went on wonderfully for about three and a half
years, and we never failed to see the results.  Each
time we prayed for someone, we also saw our prayers
being answered; and it was a encouragement for us to
go on.......
But..
that is when satan entered on the scene,
very soon we were no longer students, but interns, who
worked in all shift dutys, and we slowly found it
difficult to gather, we found so many excuses for
which we could not gather, we managed to drag on for
some time, but very soon our cell intercessory group,
for which new members were being added daily, suddenly
came to a halt. we stopped gathering altogether.

Then came a day when one of our group members, went to
attend a retreat.  During the counselling section, as
the counsellor was laying hands and praying for her,
suddenly he seemed disturbed and asked this girl,
"friend why did your intercessory group stop? Why are
your eyes blinded< can you not see that God was well
pleased with your group and was working wonders among
you?  why then did you stop?"
Well!this was it; my friend just burst into tears on
hearing this, and came back and shared the experence
with us, leaving us all stunned and ashamed of
ourselves, It was then we made a commitment to start
all over again.  Even when we had shift dutys and all
were not availabe, still the group continued......
and continued till we finally left the hostel
love,
anita,
kuwait
http://mailplus.yahoo.com