Well the only reason this is a link to a blog is the image present.
Which speaks a thousand words. Which in turn should make the
discussion here productive.
Same as any other useful discussion on this good forum about legacy
browsers issue.
Which in turn is important for this forum, since this issue is taking
a lot of time and effort since currently jQuery has to support IE6 and
other legacy browsers.
I suggest this mechanism might take away all that pain, from "us"
jQuery supporters.
This mechanism (same as VXP) will make legacy corporate intranets, run
happily as long as anyone wants them to.
While in the same time we can (almost) forget about legacy browsers
and enjoy modern web applications.
Probably the only other way will be to simply ignore IE6 and similar,
which we can not do right now.

@David : it requires imagination to understand this from the blog post
provided, without explicitly being told so...

--DBJ