It has been repeatedly stated that jQuery has NO plans to drop support
for IE7, and that pretty much everything in jQuery that is there for
IE7 also is there for IE6, meaning that support for the two pretty
much comes in tandem.  IE6 is a bitch to develop for, we all know
that, but I don't think we need a "drop IE6 support from jQuery"
thread on this list once a month.