I'm curious about what the rationale was for having .attr('height')
return the same thing as .css('height'). Was it just in case people
use the wrong method?

I could see the usefulness of having .attr('height') return the actual
attribute value in cases where, for example, I needed to see whether
the current height of an element is less than or greater than the
height set by the attribute.

--Karl