I would note some problems (2):

If we have

  $(xml).find("foo").attr("height", "180cm")

then you would expect calling elem.setAttribute() and not .height(), I
hope.
If so, there is a bug in jQuery.attr()...

Other think to take in consideration is that

  $("div").attr("click", function(){ /*..*/ });

is not equivalent to

  $("div").attr({
    click: function(){ /*..*/ }
  });

Infact in the first case we are setting "click" attributes with the
result of the function, while in the second case we are binding click
event, in theory (second case is still not ready?).
Not consistently at all.

Also there is a jQuery.attrFn.bind. Why?

Am I missing something?