> I would note some problems (2):
>
> If we have
>
>  $(xml).find("foo").attr("height", "180cm")
>
> then you would expect calling elem.setAttribute() and not .height(), I
> hope.
> If so, there is a bug in jQuery.attr()...

So we could disable it on XML documents - but regardless, that is
definitely th exception.

> Other think to take in consideration is that
>
>  $("div").attr("click", function(){ /*..*/ });
>
> is not equivalent to
>
>  $("div").attr({
>    click: function(){ /*..*/ }
>  });
>
> Infact in the first case we are setting "click" attributes with the
> result of the function, while in the second case we are binding click
> event, in theory (second case is still not ready?).
> Not consistently at all.

Naturally, they aren't the case - the second is far superior. Setting
a DOM 0 expando property is simply so substitute for binding events
via jQuery.

> Also there is a jQuery.attrFn.bind. Why?
>
> Am I missing something?

Because bind can take an object that can set multiple events
simultaneously. .bind({ click: fn, mouseover: fn2 })

--John