Rey:

Good spot, I can see why you made the "Evangelism Team".

Some of you may think this is a bit of senseless damage control, but
as our community grows larger, I believe that having someone monitor
how the outside world views the project and its members very
important.

Far too often, I've seen projects rot from the inside out, members get
cocky, leaders become withdrawn or apathetic and newbies take one look
at the community and run. When a project no longer brings in new
users, you'll find it quickly goes south.

jQuery is popular not only because it's a great piece of code, but
because we have a very active and receptive community. That community
includes everyone, from the core development team to first time users,
and each of us has a responsibility to maintain the level of
professionalism that existed when we first joined.

So keep on coding and don't be lame!

- jake