I have to agree with you Scott. Not that Chris' idea is a bad one, but I prefer to put my version numbers in the comments, usually within the first line or two.

Chris

Scott Sauyet wrote:

Chris W. Parker wrote:
As a humble user of jQuery and several great plugins I would like to
request that anyone who releases anything to the public always insert
the version of the release in the filename.

I don't have a major problem with this, as I would simply strip the version number out when I replace older versions with new ones, but I find that it's easier without them. I tend to update all live pages in any system at the same time after a thorough testing, and I would rather not be changing all the references in my script tags when a version changes.

I tend to version using subversion/cvs/whatever where I can and with named directories everywhere else.

  -- Scott

--
http://www.cjordan.us