On 6/14/07, Glen Lipka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I don't get why Prototype is "fluffy"?  It seems harder for me to do
anything in prototype.
 I actually feel like its the opposite.  jQuery is friendlier to designers
and Prototype is geared to hard core types.

I just dont get the superfluous thing.

That is true - Prototype is harder. There are some great apps out
there that use Prototype, but it is also used in a lot of superfluous
ways, applications that just use it for the sake of using it,
especially in Rails apps.  jQuery tends to be used where it's actually
needed, I haven't seen an application yet that didn't really seem to
be used where it actually helps workflow and UI.

 And on subject of Plugins...
I don't know how "Tabs" is superfluous.  I use interface once in a blue
moon.  I use tabs almost every time.
For forms, Validation is almost REQUIRED (pun).
 The history plugin has no alternative.

This I agree with this.  A lot of the official plugins I consider a
core part of the jQuery toolbox.  If you don't need them, the great
thing is your not forced to use them - but they are there to help
developers create an excellent UI and workflow experience.

--
Tane Piper
http://digitalspaghetti.tooum.net

This email is: [ ] blogable [ x ] ask first [ ] private