Also, you can't really get more self explainitory than "SITE SUBMISSION: blah". Well, maybe you could with "SITES THAT USE JQUERY: blah"

Chris

Rey Bango wrote:

Good feedback John. Our primary method of communication at the moment is the mailing list so what I'd like to see is everyone nicely give a nudge to anyone that doesn't submit a site using the prefix. Eventually, most folks will catch on and we can tackle those that aren't aware on a case-by-case basis.

Rey...

John Farrar wrote:
New users won't know this and posts will get lost and confused over night. Which means we will have to ignore the heading also.

Better solution... multiple lists or a forum. (I believe we have forgot the value of Newsgroups and Forums and try to do to much on discussion lists.)

John Farrar

Rey Bango wrote:
Hey guys,

I usually take care of site submissions and I do my best to stay on top of it. I've found that I've missed a couple of submissions to the list as they got mixed in with others and I just overlooked it.

So I would like to propose a prefix for any site submissions that would allow me to create a message filter and catch them accordingly. I'm thinking something like this:

SITE SUBMISSION: The rest of the subject line

an example would be:

SITE SUBMISSION: Please jQuery.com to the list of sites

or

SITE SUBMISSION: LearningjQuery.com uses jQuery

Tell me what you think.

Rey

--
http://www.cjordan.us