I think you were using the wrong demo, because I just increased the
number of items in the working demo and it still works wonderfully:
http://dev.jquery.com/~john/plugins/accord/

If you're talking about increasing the number of LI items, no, it
won't work - each of the children have to be a consistent height,
otherwise it won't work. HOWEVER. If you give each DD a universal
height, then it will work. I've updated the demo to add both more
headers and different numbers of items, but with a consistent height.

--John