From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of polyrhythmic
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 5:49 PM
To: jQuery (English)
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Thickbox - why isn't the window centered?

I also have this problem, I noticed it working on an image gallery for an
interactive CD-ROM.  The problem is only exhibited in Internet Explorer, it
seems to be related directly to the CSS expressions used to position the
#TB_window div:

< from thickbox.css >
* html #TB_window { /* ie6 hack */
position: absolute;
margin-top: expression(0 - parseInt(this.offsetHeight / 2) + (TBWindowMargin
= document.documentElement && document.documentElement.scrollTop ||
document.body.scrollTop) + 'px'); } < end snippet >

The odd part is that the #TB_load div uses the same CSS expression, but
always centers itself properly.  This confounding problem gave me great
headaches, I had to go to production anyway with the bug!
Anyone's insight into IE's CSS quirks would be greatly appreciated!