On 9/27/07, cmbtrx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> OK, forgive my tone here...I'm actually quite flabbergasted.
>
> I ***FINALLY*** get around to trying out jquery.
>
> Oh, I'm sure that quite obviously I'm doing something wrong, because
> after following the first few paragraphs of the "How JQuery Works"
> section (clicking a link launches an alert box...uh ok, no fine) it
> does absolutely nothing.

After following the first few paragraphs of

  http://docs.jquery.com/How_jQuery_Works

my page looks something like this:

  http://pastie.caboo.se/101553

This works for me. Perhaps you could compare what you have to mine and see
if you can find a significant difference. Or if mine works, use it as a
starting point. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

- Richard