To: "jQuery (English)" <jquery-en@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 9:40 AM
Subject: [jQuery] Re: LiveQuery (Discuss Please)

On Oct 31, 7:04 pm, "Yehuda Katz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
So as far as I'm concerned, livequery is the biggest advance in jQuery since its inception (no, I am not its author). I'm trying to understand why it's
having such a slow rate of adoption.

it solves this problem:
$("div.klass").draggable();
$("#foo").load("url", function() { $("div.klass").draggable(); });

beautifully, as you now only need to do:

$("div.klass").livequery(function() { $(this).draggable() });
$("#foo").load("url");

Obviously, that was only a simple example. The more general case, wanting to bind some event handler to a selector regardless of when it appears on the page, is extremely common. So again, I'm trying to understand why the rate
of adoption has been so slow. Any thoughts?

--
Yehuda Katz
Web Developer | Procore Technologies