Perhaps you didn't see the example page:
http://brandonaaron.net/jquery/plugins/livequery/test/test.html

Doing those same two examples without Live Query would require you to
write other helper functions to bind those events and to manually
monitor when an element is added or removed. Hardly just two lines of
code. Feel free to add an element to the list via firebug as well to
see how it works.

I personally feel that Live Query should not be put in the core. To
many people seem to think it is a replacement for bind and perhaps
that is my fault for making it a little to easy. Remember that the
power comes at the price of performance. Live Query is best used on a
section of your web site that changes via AJAX calls and you need to
bind events or even just know when the change took place. There will
be absolutely no noticeable performance hit when using it this way. It
is when you start using Live Query in place of your regular bind calls
that you will start to see performance drop.

Live Query should not interfere with any Ajax history manager nor any
hijax methodologies. Live Query is only calling .bind for you.

Also Live Query doesn't make you lazy ... it simply abstracts a more
difficult task into one line. The only reason to suspect you've become
lazy is b/c you are a programmer and I believe we are all a little
lazy at times. :p

Live Query is a very cool plugin but don't use it just b/c it is cool.

BTW ... the adoption rate has been pretty good from my perspective.

--
Brandon Aaron