Hi,

Since I needed a global queueing system for jquery's effects for a
project, I decided to develop it myself.

The result: http://jquery.com/plugins/project/fxqueues (http://
www.decodeuri.com/jqueryfxqueues/)

As the introduction explains:

"The jQuery Fx Queues plugin is a global queueing (duh!) system that
allows to enqueue effects of different elements, but also keeps
jQuery's default
queueing option.
A wait argument was also added to be able to
specify the time to wait before starting the animation."

The plugin introduces two concepts: queues and scopes.

Queues:
A queue is an array that may contain animations to perform and/or
scopes.

Scopes:
What happens if you needed to enqueue not a single effect, but a group
of effects
to be played altogether? This is where scopes come to save the day.
A scope is an object that can be contained in a queue. It is an array
that contains
only animations to perform. When a scope is dequeued, it automatically
plays all the animations it contains.

To understand better these two ideas, I've made a simple example page
(http://www.decodeuri.com/fxqueues/fxqueues.html) which should (and
please let me know if it doesn't) be self explanatory about the uses
of the plugin.

I would appreciate feedback of any kind (bugs, comments, enhancements,
things to document, etc.). Hope you find it useful!