Mike,
Is there a particular problem that you are trying to debug?  In the
beginning, I would put console.log in the callbacks (if the method had one)
and that allowed me to see when one thing was be executed.  Another tip that
should probably help, instead of doing.

$('p').css('color','red').slideDown().css('font-weight', 'bold');

do:

$('p')
.css('color','red')
.slideDown()
.css('font-weight', 'bold');

This, to me, makes it a little more human readable and easier to comment out
a line.

--
Benjamin Sterling
http://www.KenzoMedia.com