>> Is there a particular problem that you are trying to debug?

No, it just seems the pattern I find for practically every debug session I
encounter, both for Javascript/jQuery and for Drupal/PHP development.

>> In the beginning, I would put console.log in the callbacks (if the method
had one) and that allowed me to see when one thing was be executed.

Sorry for being dense here, but I don't follow this?  (BTW, I'm much more
comfortable developing sql-based server apps; I've just ventured into
developing browser-based apps.)

>> Another tip that should probably help, instead of doing.
>> $('p').css('color','red').slideDown().css('font-weight', 'bold');
>> do:
>> $('p')
>> .css('color','red')
>> .slideDown()
>> .css('font-weight', 'bold');

Interesting; that never would have occured to me. Thanks for suggesting it?
Will Firebug stop on every line (yes I could test, but I'm about to be off
to bed so I figured I'd just ask...)?  How can I see the intermedia results?

>> This, to me, makes it a little more human readable and easier to comment
out a line.

Definitely.  Thanks.

--
-Mike Schinkel