On Feb 2, 2:58 pm, Lion29 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1. Right now the tabs function that upon every ajax load the new
> content is ADDED to the DOM (even if the new loaded content is in
> conflict with already loaded - same ids for example)
> It would be nice to have the option to set tabs to laod the content
> into the same placeholder... and to empty its content first (so to
> replace it's content and not just add it)..

That doesn't make sense to me. Each tab represents a section in the
document (which is identified with a fragment identifier). Imagine you
had in-page tabs. It wouldn't make any sense if all these tabs would
point to a single fragment, e.g. div element.

> 2. If I have a href= set in my tabs to an url the content of the tab
> is loaded with AJAX. this is great. But I need the autload
> functionality. First time I am loading the whole html page I am also
> that when page loads fully the first tab's content gets loaded (again)
> with ajax.
> So autoload=false would prevent double loading of the selected tab!

You can easily achive that with what the tabs API offers. Change the
tab to an Ajax tab after the page has been loaded and the tabs have
been initialized using the tabsHref method:

var $tabs = $('#example').tabs();
$('li a' $tabs).each(function(i) {
    $tabs.tabsHref('index.php?page=' + (i + 1));
});

with the followoing HTML:

<ul id="example">
a></li>