Good news everyone!

I solved the mystery of the missing waitImage.

I'm in so deep that I'm not sure if this will ever be relevant
to anyone else, but I'll post it for the sake of completeness.

Background:  I had too many clueTips on my page to bind
them the normal jQuery way (when the page loads).
So I wrote a javascript function that would bind the clueTip
and then trigger it.  Then I just had my clueTip links call
the javascript function.  That way the clueTips would get
bound on the fly.

It worked except the waitImage wasn't showing up in Firefox.

The problem is that the waitImage location is defined by
these two variables:

mouseX = event.pageX;
mouseY = event.pageY;

I discovered that with my new method, both mouseX and
mouseY were undefined.  I suspect that these variables
weren't defined because the event (in this case a click)
was triggered indirectly via javascript function, instead of
directly via mouse.  Since the waitImage was counting
on these variables for positioning, it never appeared.

So I modified things slightly.  Now the waitImage location
is defined by posX and posY.  posX and posY are based
on the location of the link, not the event, so they seem
unaffected by the new system.  posX and posY aren't
exactly the same as mouseX and mouseY, but they
seem to be close enough that I'm happy with where the
waitImage has been showing up.

az