Rey Bango wrote on 9/3/2008 1:09 PM:
I was replying to your comment here:

"Converting a few FF users over and saving on the USD $60+ million Google pays Mozilla every year probably doesn't hurt either... "

Did I misread this or was it said in a context that I missed?

My comment was written in the context of the quote I replied to.  Guy Fraser wrote that
Chrome was "designed to kill MSIE on corporate networks."  If that is the case,
then the fact that Google will also save money from the conversion of Firefox users
certainly doesn't hurt either (from Google's perspective).  I was subtly suggesting that
while it may be accidental that Google is saving itself some revenue, it may also be
intentional.  It'll be interesting to see if Google ever offers Chrome-only features or
services, which would entice users to switch to Chrome.

And for the record, my comment was never intended to champion ways to "kill
Mozilla."  Apologies if that's how it read.

- Bil