Bil Corry wrote:
> My comment was written in the context of the quote I replied to.  Guy
> Fraser wrote that Chrome was "designed to kill MSIE on corporate
> networks."  If that is the case, then the fact that Google will also
> save money from the conversion of Firefox users certainly doesn't hurt
> either (from Google's perspective).  I was subtly suggesting that
> while it may be accidental that Google is saving itself some revenue,
> it may also be intentional.  It'll be interesting to see if Google
> ever offers Chrome-only features or services, which would entice users
> to switch to Chrome.

Google have confirmed that they will be working with Mozilla until at
least 2011 - can't remember where I read it but it was announced recently.

 From google's perspective, any modern browser will serve their needs
IMHO - however, MSIE (including the now "not standard mode by default on
intranets any more" version 8 *sigh*) MUST die.

With M$ playing around with unwanted features like web slices, rather
than making a browser that actually works, Google have a strong
incentive to kill off MSIE from the corporate networks (and remainder of
MSIE on home computers) in any way they can. As an industry, we just
can't move forward (properly) until MSIE is destroyed.

Guy